The University of Kent invites applications from interested and qualified applicants Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) PhD Scholarships 2023. EPSRC scholarship opportunity is available for both domestic and international students.
Scholarships are open to students from home and abroad (including the European Union). The scholarship scheme covers tuition fees and an annual maintenance grant (£17,668 for 2022/23) for all applicants who wish to study at the University.
Scholarship sponsor(s): University of Kent, UK
Scholarship Type: Academy Award
Host institution(s): University of Kent, UK
Scholarship value: Tuition fees and an annual maintenance grant cover £17,668
Number of awards: several
Study level: Postgraduate studies (PhD)
nationality: Domestic and international students
University of Kent EPSRC PhD Scholarship | details
These scholarships include a PhD Scholarship (equivalent to the UK Research Council National Minimum PhD Salary, £17,668 2022/23 rate, 2023/24 to be announced) for 3.5 years, tuition fees at home rate and access to further Research support funding. If you are applying as an international candidate, Kent will waive the difference between the domestic fee and the international fee.
If you are applying as an international candidate, Kent will waive the difference between the domestic fee and the international fee.
In order to be eligible for the University of Kent EPSRC PhD Scholarship, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have or expect to achieve a first or upper second class honors degree in a relevant subject, ideally a Masters degree or equivalent.
- Open to students from home and abroad (including the European Union). To be classified as a home student, candidates must meet RCUK accommodation criteria, see Appendix B.
Conditions of residence in the UK:
- Be a British citizen (Learn about UKRI Residency requirements), or
- Have a stable condition, or
- Have prepaid status (meet residency requirements) or
- You have indefinite leave to stay or enter
If you are applying as an overseas student (this includes EU nationals), Kent will waive the difference between the home fee and the overseas fee. UKRI limits the number of international scholarships awarded to each group at 30%
- Successful candidates will demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding research potential.
How to apply: When applying, students must follow the University of Kent Online application process. As part of the process, students must include the following:
- Explain the reasons for the study/outline of the research proposal
- Provide details/evidence of qualifications
- Provide two academic references
- Provide other personal information and supporting documents.
Application deadline: 05 March 2023
#University #Kent #EPSRC #Doctoral #Scholarship