Scholarship Program for Universities of the Coimbra Group For Young African Researchers is open to applications from suitably qualified candidates who wish to enroll in the programme.
Young African Coimbra Group Universities are open to PhD candidates from universities in sub-Saharan Africa.
Scholarship sponsor(s): Coimbra group
Host institution(s): Universities of the Coimbra Group, Belgium
Scholarship value: sponsored
Number of awards: several
Study level: Ph.D
nationality: African students
Scholarship Program for Universities of the Coimbra Group | details
The Coimbra Group Universities has been providing, since 2008, the opportunity for young researchers from sub-Saharan African universities to spend a short period (generally from one to three months) at a Coimbra Group university to carry out part of their research there.
In order to be eligible for the Coimbra Group Universities Scholarship Programme, applicants are expected to fulfill the following conditions:
- Applicants must provide the name and contact details of the academic supervisor at the receiving University of Coimbra Group who will supervise their work during their stay abroad. If you do not have any contacts, we suggest that you visit the website of the organization you have chosen or contact the contact person whose email address is indicated in the brochure. The Coimbra Group office is not in a position to provide assistance in this matter.
- All applicants are required to submit an acceptance letter/email (submitted with your application) written by the academic supervisor from the host university where you would like to implement the proposed business plan. The letter should indicate that the supervisor is willing to work with you should you be awarded a Coimbra Group scholarship.
- Applicants may choose only one institution. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
- Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (eg name and letter of acceptance by your supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.). Incomplete applications will be rejected, and no exceptions will be made.
- The dates of your stay must be agreed between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the University of Coimbra Group. Normally, this will be during the academic year 2023/2024.
- eligible countriesAll African countries excludes Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia (applicants from these countries are eligible under the European Neighborhood Young Researchers Scholarship Programme).
How to apply: Interested applicants seeking the Coimbra Group Universities Scholarship Program for Young African Researcher should fill in and submit Online application form.
Incomplete applications will be rejected, and no exceptions will be made. Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (eg name and letter of acceptance by your supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.)
Deadline for submission of applications: Not specified
#Coimbra #Group #Universities #Scholarship #Program #Young #African #Researchers