Scholarships in Canada for international students without IELTSStudying in Canada can be a very exciting and rewarding experience for international students who are eager to advance their educational career. This is because Canadian universities are known for their academic and research excellence as well as their convenient nature international students regardless of their different backgrounds.
However, some international students may be challenged to sit and pass an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. IELTS It is an international standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native speakers of English. It is jointly managed by the British Council, IDP. If you fall into this category of international students, then you should never worry because there are institutions and schools where you can apply for admission without having to write IELTS.
Here is a list of scholarships in Canada for students who do not have an IELTS test.
Scholarships in Canada for international students without IELTS
McGill University is one of the renowned universities in Canada with research and academic excellence. The university has provisions for international students who do not have an IELTS test if that student’s native language (the language first learned and still used on a daily basis) is English. If this student has obtained (or is about to obtain) an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from an accredited institution where English is the language of instruction. Also, if such a student has lived and attended university, or been employed, for at least four consecutive years, in a country for which English is the recognized primary language.
The University of Alberta is among the top five Canadian universities located in Edmonton, Alberta, with 40,000 students in a variety of programs. The university also prides itself on the lucrative scholarships and financing options available to international students. The University of Alberta has made provisions for international students who do not have an IELTS test to be accepted into their programs through the following options:
- Previous education in English as recognized by the University of Alberta.
- Complete the U of A bridging program.
- Complete certain University of Alberta-approved courses and achieve a certain minimum level on that course.
- Complete an English language proficiency test and obtain the minimum score required by the university.
With its roots in Montreal and its eye on the international skyline, the University of Montreal (UdeM) is one of the world’s leading research universities. UdeM also offers world-class education in all fields of study and places great emphasis on interdisciplinary approaches. Here, you have everything you need for an enriching international experience that opens up new horizons. Requirements to study at the university include a Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ), a study permit and in some cases, a visitor visa from the Government of Canada. The university offers several scholarships to support international students in their academic endeavors. For example, the UdeM Waiver Scholarship Program is designed to support international candidates in their undergraduate studies.
The University of Toronto is Canada’s top university with a long history of challenging the impossible and transforming society through the ingenuity and determination of its faculty, students, alumni, and supporters. The University of Toronto has provided requirements for students who do not have evidence of English language proficiency. This is one of the top universities that offer scholarships in Canada without IELTS.
If it is English no Your first language (ie not the first language you learned at home as a child), you will need to provide evidence of adequate English language facilities for admission consideration, unless you qualify for an exemption.
You may be eligible for an exemption from the English establishment requirement if one of the following applies to you:
- You have completed four or more years of full-time academic study at a recognized Canadian school (in Canada) taught in English
- You have completed four or more years of full-time academic study at an English-language school located in a country where the dominant language is English
- Your first language is French and you have completed four or more years of full-time academic study in a Canadian school.
The University of Waterloo, Canada is known for its interest in supporting innovation to solve problems on a global scale. Located on Haldimand Tract, the university is home to more than 42,000 students with a global network covering more than 220,000 alumni in 151 countries. Waterloo ranks first in Canada for experiential learning and employer-student connections. The university provides several scholarship opportunities for international students. The following exemptions are provided for students who do not have IELTS or other English language proficiency certificates:
- Have completed three or more years of post-secondary education or completed a graduate degree in an exempt country. or
- You have been employed for at least three years in a position in which English has been the working language in an exempt country. or
- You have completed three or more years of post-secondary education, or have completed a graduate degree at a university where English is listed as Just teaching language on The International Association of Universities global higher education database (WHED).
Queen’s University is home to thousands of international students studying for undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in Canada. The university provides funding resources for international students with excellent academic credentials. International students who do not have an IELTS test should take advantage of this opportunity and train in a reputable university in Canada where the following exemptions have been given:
- Students who have lived in a country where English is the recognized primary language for the last three years before starting their undergraduate studies or
- Students who have attended a full-time educational institution where the medium of instruction is English for the last three years before starting their undergraduate studies
As an international student who is passionate about studying in a Canadian university, your IELTS score should not be an obstacle or an obstacle for you not to apply for studies in Canada as there are many options available for those without an IELTS certificate. So, go ahead and apply for admission to Canadian universities that offer waivers that you meet as part of their requirements.
#Scholarships #Canada #International #Students #IELTS