2023 Imperial College London Engineering PhD Scholarships in UK: Applications for the Electrical & Electronic Engineering PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London are now being accepted from qualified international candidates. Each year, the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering gives several deserving PhD candidates full-fee fellowships.
The whole tuition fee waiver is covered by the extremely competitive scholarships. The three-year tuition scholarship includes three years of free domestic and international tuition, a 3.5-year bursary (at UKRI rate plus a £2,000 London allowance), and a total allowance of £700 for conferences and travel.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Imperial College London, UK
Host Institution(s): Imperial College London, UK
Scholarship Worth: Full Tuition Support & Allowances
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Imperial College London Engineering PhD Scholarships Details
PhD advisors are permitted to suggest a select group of their strongest candidates for financing. The Awards Panel Committee of the EEE department makes funding decisions. Since the process is extremely competitive, applicants who submit earlier (by October for the following October) are more likely to be nominated for this scholarship. The recipients of this cash will be notified in writing.
Eligibility & Criteria
Candidates must fulfil the following programme eligibility requirements in order to be considered for the Imperial College London Electrical & Electronic Engineering scholarships.
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- Applicants of any nationality are eligible for consideration for this prestigious academic scholarship.
- If they have received a PhD offer from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, eligible candidates do not directly apply for this grant; instead, their supervisor may do so.
Candidates must hold a Masters degree in a related field.
- Based on academic merit.
- Candidates must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct.
- Applicants may not hold any other scholarship at the same time.
The advantages of the Electrical & Electronic Engineering PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London are as follows:
- Full fee Scholarship consists of Home/Overseas tuition fees for 3 years,
- Bursary (at UKRI rate + London allowance of £2,000 for 3.5 years) and
- A Total allowance of £700 towards conferences and travel.
How-to-Apply: Following the offer of a PhD position, interested candidates for the Imperial College London Electrical & Electronic Engineering PhD Scholarships are initially proposed for funding by the prospective PhD supervisors, and funding decisions are determined by the Awards Panel Committee. The President’s Scholarship, for example, is another financing programme that is centrally administered by the College and is decided upon by the Awards Panel.
Application Deadline: Till October 31