China Student Visa – How to Apply and Study with Scholarship
How to Apply for a Student Visa in China: The Chinese student visa, also known as the X visa, is given to foreign nationals who travel to China to learn, conduct research for their academic degrees, or combine work and study. Like any other country, obtaining a student passport to study in China is typically very challenging.
But in order to be granted a China student visa, the applicant must have received an offer of admission to study at a recognised school in any of China’s provinces. As the world begins to return to normal and China reopens her borders to foreign students, we believe you may need the information on this website.
Types of China Student Visas:
Applicants typically receive one of two kinds of student visas, which will be discussed in more detail in the following section. The two different visa categories are;
- X1 visa : This kind of passport is typically given out for lengthy studies lasting longer than 180 days. For degree-seeking, diploma-seeking, and other long-term study students, it is a first-class student visa. Typically, the X1 visa’s default validity period is set to 000, with the actual validity decided once the applicant has entered China.
- X2 visa: This particular sort of visa is given out for brief study programmes lasting less than 180 days. Typically, it is only given out for the goal of the study plan. The X2 visa is good for 90 days from the date of issuance, and a stay cannot exceed 180 days.
How to Apply for China Student (X) Visa:
Finding a company recognised for providing courses or internships to foreigners and interested in studying in China is the first stage. This organisation will then give you a JW201 or JW202 form and an admission letter. Once you have the form, you must fill it out and apply using any of the choices listed (below);
- The China Visa Application Centers (CVASC) nearest to you are the consulate offices of the Chinese mission in your nation where you can hand-deliver the application.
- If you are unable to travel personally, you may authorise another person (such as friends or family members), a travel agency, or a visa agency to operate in your place without the need for a power of attorney.
- Additionally, you can send your application to CVASCs and Chinese embassies or consulates. However, take notice that few consulates and embassies will accept applications sent by mail.
- By arrangement will also be a choice. Additionally, the majority of consulates and embassy may not require this. However, if you must send an application to CVASC, you may need to schedule a time online through CVASC’s website and/or download the application form in order to get started.
Some More Detailing on X1 Visa
After entering China on an X1 visa, the bearer must submit an application for a Temporary Residence Permit to the local Exit and Entry Administration within 30 days. The validity of the grant for a temporary housing agreement is up to five years. International ID, an affirmation notice, a JW201 or JW202 structure, a foreigner physical examination record, an enrollment of settlement, and a visa-style white-basement photograph are all needed archives.
Students may enter and exit China freely while holding a valid Temporary Residence Permit.
When the exam in China ends, those with X1 visas should visit the local Exit and Entry Administration to cancel their Temporary Residence Permit and apply for a 30-day travel visa with zero passage in order to avoid problems.
Some More Detailing on X2 Visa:
It is not necessary for X2 visa holders to file for the brief home grant because they will stay in China for the duration specified on their visa. They may need to visit the neighbouring Exit and Entry Administration 30 days prior to the expiration date to take care of the extension of their X2 visa’s validity.
Document Requirements for China Student Visa (X):
When filing for a China Student Visa (X), you must submit the following documentation:
- Passport-size photograph not older six months with at least one blank page.
- Completed Visa Application Form
- Recent Full Size Photo: – Only coloured photo with full face, front view, no hat, and against a plain light background will be accepted.
- Notice of Admission/Offer of Admission Letter from any Chinese University/Institutions.
- JW201 or JW202 Form – required for X1 application only
Application Processing Time:
The typical processing period for an X visa is 4 working days. To speed up the procedure, you might want to use the express service or rush service that are offered.
Express Service: 2-3 working days processing
Rush Service: 1 working day processing
Extra fees will be assessed. The cost will vary depending on the area and the service you use.
- Full-time employment is prohibited for those with X type visas, but off-campus part-time work and internships may be authorised. After arriving in China, you should get in touch with your institution or employer to see what arrangements can be made.
- Depending on the length of their course, students can now file for a five-year X1 visa; however, to do so, they must have a passport with at least one year of remaining validity.
- The JW201 or JW202 form can be obtained from your study sponsor or the institution where you plan to enrol for your course of study. While JW202 is for foreign students who self-sponsor themselves, JW201 is given to international students sent by the government or supported by scholarships from the Chinese government.